Author Topic: pressure transfers  (Read 110 times)

blarg21

• Brewer

pressure transfers
« on: November 23, 2021, 04:25:57 PM »
Does anyone have any idea on how to transer from a primary plastic bucket fermenter to say bottles for bottling using pressure transfers? I know kegs are the most common way of doing it but I do not have any kegs atm.
Homebrewing combines the best of gourmet cooking, beer drinking and chemistry lab.

Keg 1 - Bavarian Pilsner
Keg 2 - Generic Wheat Ale
Primary-Pumpkin ale
Aging - Strawberry cinamon melomel
Planning - Coffee Porter, All grain brewmagoos oatmeal chocolate vanilla stout

combat32

• Administrator
  • Brewmaster

Re: pressure transfers
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 01:03:03 AM »
do you have Co2?
you could put a gas poppet on the bucket lid and add a few pounds of pressure maybe 1-3psi to test.
I dont do pressure transfers, but I do fill my keg with starsan and push it out with Co2 or I take a tube from my fermentor airlock to the liquid out post and one line from my out to a jar of starsan to fill the keg with fermentation Co2. For moving the beer I go from my fermentor spigot to the liquid in and have a gas line to bung and swap them quick. this has helped with my NEIPA's, they seem to last much longer, no color change or signs of oxidation.
Im sure you could use the same methods to go from bucket to bucket.
Keg 1- Red Dog IPA
Keg 2- coconut brown
Keg 3- Peach Sour
Keg 4- Neveu Saison
Keg 5- ESB
Keg 6-
Keg 7- Curieux Dog
FV1- 
FV2- 
Planning-

blarg21

• Brewer

Re: pressure transfers
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 02:05:37 PM »
Of course I have co2. Its from Fermentation XD. But in all seriousness yes I have a small co2 bottle from paintball that I use for small projects until i decide to breakdown and buy a bigger tank. I would like to figure out how to use fermentation CO2 for something other than it being an off gas though.
Homebrewing combines the best of gourmet cooking, beer drinking and chemistry lab.

Keg 1 - Bavarian Pilsner
Keg 2 - Generic Wheat Ale
Primary-Pumpkin ale
Aging - Strawberry cinamon melomel
Planning - Coffee Porter, All grain brewmagoos oatmeal chocolate vanilla stout