Author Topic: GrainFather Support  (Read 670 times)

combat32

• Administrator
  • Brewmaster

GrainFather Support
« on: October 13, 2021, 12:01:07 AM »
ok so I want to say GrainFather and Morebeer.com so far for me have some great customer service.
I got a Grainfather after Strat had said he loved it and I was ready to upgrade anyway.
So after a few years my thermal overload went bad, I reached out to Morebeer.com where I purchased it and they were able to get me a replacement boiler. it was almost 3 years old. swapped the parts off the old unit onto the new one. fast forward 3 years later, I upgraded the controller to a Connect and after 3 brews my plug on the boiler was starting to melt and was hard to unplug. I reached out to Morebeer and GrainFather, Grainfather replied and asked if i could send them pictures and a video of the controller and the boiler serial numbers.
Two days later I got an email saying they are replacing both the Connect controller and the boiler. I had to swap parts again and send back my old boiler. Customer service is important to me, because of the way I have been treated by both Morebeer.com and Grainfather I will always promote their stuff and will probably buy another unit when the time comes to upgrade again, I purchase grains, hops and parts from Morebeer alot also. If your in the market for a new all in one brew system the GrainFather should be on the top of your list, just for the customer service support they give alone.
Keg 1- Red Dog IPA
Keg 2- coconut brown
Keg 3- Peach Sour
Keg 4- Neveu Saison
Keg 5- ESB
Keg 6-
Keg 7- Curieux Dog
FV1- 
FV2- 
Planning-

Daves Ale

• Administrator
  • Brewmaster

Re: GrainFather Support
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 07:23:19 AM »
That sounds great combat32, I'm definitely going to consider buying the G30 grainfather, it does seem to be able to make complex beers simple.

Do you use a hop spider or do you throw the hops straight in?

Does it matter if you use leaf or pellet hops?

What do you think to the sparge water heater? I've seen some people use it or they have other ways getting hot water or some people do cold water sparging.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 07:29:20 AM by HomeBrewDave »
I'm looking for forum suggestions & ideas, please message me if you have any?  17

combat32

• Administrator
  • Brewmaster

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 11:41:26 PM »
I use a hop spider to contain the hops. I also use a grain bag on the outside of the basket to catch more grain particles, not necessary but i think it helps.

I have used leaf hops with no spider and had no problem. I removed the spring and ball from the tube so it stopped getting clogged.

my original boiler i kept and bought a high limit and I use that as my sparge water heater, it takes awhile to heat up to get to temp.
I usually do a mash out at 167F for 10 minutes and then sparge with 170F water, I believe you need hot water to rinse the sugars from the grains, I think cold water might leave some of it behind. I never tested that though.

I always do a step mash starting at 130F for 15min then raise to my main mash temp for 45min and then the Mash out. I think i get some better head retention and attenuation.
I also set the delay so it starts heating my water early in the morning so im ready to brew in the morning.
Keg 1- Red Dog IPA
Keg 2- coconut brown
Keg 3- Peach Sour
Keg 4- Neveu Saison
Keg 5- ESB
Keg 6-
Keg 7- Curieux Dog
FV1- 
FV2- 
Planning-

Daves Ale

• Administrator
  • Brewmaster

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 07:59:03 AM »
Excellent I will keep them things in mind.

I haven't truly decided what I'm going to purchase yet, once I've moved I'll have a better idea, ive got to figure out my space for what I can purchase and so on.

I want to build something too so I can have my fermenter at high level, so I can bottle on the kitchen sides and not the floor.

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm looking for forum suggestions & ideas, please message me if you have any?  17